I have been saturating myself in the immutability of God this week, He never changes.
His strong love stands like a granite rock – unmoved by the hurricanes of our iniquities.
Living in the Rocky Mountains, I see the grandest of rocks, there is a reason the Rocky Mountains are called ‘Rocky.’ Granite surrounds me and it hasn’t gone anywhere and isn’t going to go anywhere, it is solid and strong – majestic, towering over us in undeniable strength and beneath our feet solid and strong.
God is unchanged in His love. He loves me as much now as He did when He first wrote the covenant that meant His Son must die, the covenant that meant He must send His Son down to the earth to bleed and die.
How thankful I am that His love towards me has not changed and never will change. Just as He was mercifully patient with Israel in light of their history of rebellion for the sake of a covenant promise to the patriarchs, so He is mercifully patient with me.
When I ride on storm tossed seas I can cast my anchor onto the Solid Rock and relish in the glorious truth that His character changes not.
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. (Hebrews 13:8)
And so the 2012 Joy Dare continues ….
374. Sunshine daughter living within driving distance so we can see her often.
375. Hubby conducting a silly restaurant survey with us showing favorite percentages.
376. Walking around the Denver Botanical Gardens on a pleasant Sunday afternoon.
377. Husband and sunshine daughter working together to put an air conditioner in her window.
378. Me telling sunshine daughter I love her gladiolas and sunshine daughter replying back, ‘Mom, they are all wilted’ and us laughing together.
379. Her house cooling down ten degrees with the new air conditioner.
388. After two failed attempts at other patterns, thankful to have found a third knitting pattern that works, It’s Time for Tea!
389. Thankful for crackling thunderstorms in the mountains reminding me that He is my Refuge in any storm.
390. Thankful for aching shoulders to remind me to not only pace myself but to seek refuge.
The Lord is good,
A stronghold in the day of trouble,
And He knows those who take refuge in Him. (Nahum 1:7)
391. Buzzing bees captured digitally at the Botanical Garden in all their busy work.
391. Marveling at the Creator’s pollination plan!
392. Finding the exact flowers at a local nursery, planting them with great expectations.
393. Thankful for those who have served to protect my freedom.
394. Thankful for the freedom to worship as I choose.
395. Thankful for the country I live in and the countless liberties I have because I live in a democracy.
Joining many today on Multitudes on Monday to count our many wonderful blessings.