I have accepted a dare, a joy dare, along with many others who have been changed in a most remarkable way by reading Ann Voskamp’s book called One Thousand Gifts. January’s Joy Dare will be captured in photos as I record three gifts a day. The challenge is to record one thousand gifts in 2012. These are small blessings that surround me -gifts from God that go unnoticed I need to be thankful for. In the busyness of life they often go unseen but as you start to open your eyes to the beauty around you the joy in your heart grows proportional to the thankfulness. At least, that was what happened to me in 2011 with my first One Thousand Gifts journal.
3 graces from people I love:
1. A husband who appreciates the socks I knit for him.
2. A daughter’s happy & loving disposition.
3. A father-in-law who said “I love you.”
light that caught me, a reflection that surprised me, a shadow that fell lovely:
4. Living in the Rocky Mountains.
5. Homemade Pie Crust
6. Fresh Snow Sugar
a gift in my hand:
7. The gift of creating beauty through knitting – a beautiful set of double point needles from my daughter.
a gift I walked past:
8. The gift of art – a watercolor painting in this Joy bag gifted from an artist friend.
a gift I sat next to:
9. The gift of finding companionship in a dog who sits beside me (or above me) every morning.
“The only place we have to see before we die is the place of seeing God. And His presence is everywhere for those who slow to see.”
2012 Dare to Joy