Today is the fourth Month of Fridays. I have enjoyed knitting and watching movies this month with the Rosemarkie vest. So much so, that I think I will just have to continue these Friday movie days for a little bit more. I had an appointment in town today that I actually rescheduled so that I could stay home, knit and watch two movies. The big question will be whether or not I will put Rosemarkie away and spend my next Month of Fridays on another project or to continue knitting as is.
The purpose behind Month of Fridays was to see just how much knitting I could get done on one project if I gave it dedicated time while I watched two movies every Friday for one month. I measured the vest this morning and it is 29cm so it has grown significantly in its weekly movie rendezvous. I am hoping to get to 34cm this afternoon at which point I will begin the armhole steeks. We’ll see! Silly me for thinking I could FINISH Rosemarkie in one month of Fridays.
I am in the mood for comedy today and have selected two movies accordingly. The first is Love Finds Andy Hardy. I have always laughed my way through the Andy Hardy series and I’m certain today’s viewing will deliver the same effect. I never quite understood why the generation before mine thought Mickey Rooney was so funny until I watched a young Rooney portraying Andy Hardy. Love Laughs at Andy Hardy was filmed in 1947 and is one of the later movies. In this one Andy Hardy goes to college after returning from the war. As usual, a succession of hilarious circumstances pushes him into one frenetic situation after another.
The second movie I will be watching today is Steel Magnolias. QUICK PLOT: In a small Louisiana town, a close-knit group of friends gathers at Truvy’s Beauty Parlor to share gossip and to support each other through life’s triumphs and tragedies. Lots of big names in this movie and ALL will make you laugh. This was filmed in the eighties so everyone has BIG hair. Speaking of hair, if you only feel like answering one trivia question today IT MUST be the one about Julia Robert’s hair color!
Before I give you today’s trivia quiz I will give you the answers to last weeks quiz because I keep forgetting to do so!
- Orson Welles starred in, co-wrote and directed Citizen Kane.
- Grapes of Wrath was based on a novel by John Steinbeck.
- Clarence was the name of George Bailey’s visiting angel in It’s a Wonderful Life.
- “Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship” is the famous line at the end of Casablanca.
- The Philadelphia Story was the movie starring Katherine Hepburn as a socialite divorced from Cary Grant’s character and pursued by Jimmy Stewart’s character.
- What was Julia Roberts’ first name before she changed it to Julia?
- What movie launched her career success and earned her an Academy Award nomination?
- Julia Roberts was the first actress to earn what salary for her role in Erin Brockovich?
- WHAT IS JULIA’S TRUE HAIR COLOR?
- What special event did Julia celebrate in 2004?
- Why was a 9,000 year old skeleton excavated in Bulgaria given the name ‘Julia Roberts’ by archaeologists?