“Fasten your seatbelts, it’s going to be a bumpy night!” ~ Margo Channing
For today’s viewing on A Month of Fridays I will be watching the acclaimed classic All About Eve which won six Academy Awards. This movie has received the most nominations in film history and I’m really looking forward to spending the afternoon watching it and working on the Rosemarkie (Ravelry details here)vest.
QUICK PLOT: An aging actress faces betrayal, love, career uncertainty, and the challenge of growing old gracefully.
I will spend the remaining half of Month of Fridays at White Cliff by the Sea, Gull Cottage. The second movie that I will be knitting through today is another black and white classic, The Ghost and Mrs. Muir. It was a real treat the first time I saw this movie because I was a fan of the television series (1968-1970) that lasted two seasons.
I had a bit of a crush on Rex Harrison back then. Of course, he never replaced Sean Connery!
So, are you up for a little classic movie trivia quiz? I’m sure you can answer at least one of these questions and leave that answer in the comments. 🙂
- What movie, often considered one of the best movies in cinematic history, did Orson Welles star in, co-write, and direct?
- Grapes of Wrath is based on a novel by what author?
- What’s the name of George Bailey’s visiting angel in It’s a Wonderful Life?
- What famous line ends Casablanca?
- What movie starred Katharine Hepburn as a socialite divorced from Cary Grant’s character and pursued by Jimmy Stewart’s character?